On August 1, 2005, the university became the Taipei Municipal University of Education and began to develop into an advanced educational institution. That is when the School of Humanities and Arts was conceived. On August 1, 2013, TMUE was merged with the Taipei Physical Education College to form the current University of Taipei. Our school is one of the four schools of this new institution, and is dedicated to the goal of the university to become an international, first-rate municipal university.
Our school focuses on education in the humanities, social sciences, and the arts, while taking service and research as its professional ethos. Our efforts are dedicated to training professionals fit for work in the humanities, social sciences, and the arts, as well as for academic research. We stress the development in our students of the strengths of each of these areas. Providing working professionals and social workers with opportunities for continuing education to promote the balanced growth of our society is also one of our important aims. The primary aims of the school include:
1. To train exceptional workers proficient in Chinese and foreign languages
2. To train exceptional workers in the social sciences
3. To train exceptional workers in the arts
4. To place equal importance on education and research
5. To promote social service and participation
Educational Vision and Goals
1. Educational Vision
Located in metropolitan Taipei and being a nexus of information, the school is built to develop along with the society that surrounds it and is based on academic research; furthermore, we strive to bring the university up to international standards. By doing so, we hope to make the school known worldwide for distinction in the humanities, social sciences, and the arts.
2. Educational Vision and Goals
(1) We strive to produce graduates with professional ability in the humanities, social sciences, and the arts, and who are able to perform research in academic fields.
(2) We promote the application of creativity and culture and emphasize the spirit of humanism and professional ethics.
(3) We encourage social participation, diversity, and international-oriented development.